Automatic Payments

Automatic payments can be made by automatic debit from your checking or savings account. You will still receive a statement showing your charges, and the amount due will be deducted from your account on the date due. Automatic payment is easy to set up. No due dates to remember, and you will never have to worry about paying your bill again.

Frequently Asked Questions about Automatic Bill Payment

How do I sign up for electronic payments?
Simply complete the Automatic Payment (Click Here) and return it to the Clerk-Treasurer office along with a voided check so we can get the routing number. The following month, payment will be deducted automatically from the account.

When are the bills paid?
Payments are deducted on the due date of your billing statement each month. Note: If the due date is on a weekend or any other date that the bank is closed, the withdrawal will occur on the business day following the transfer date.

How does it work?
The City of Bryan’s bank will instruct your bank to deduct the amount of your utility bill from your checking or savings account. Your bank will deduct your payment amount and forward the payment electronically to the City of Bryan’s bank.

How can I be sure the bill was paid?
The payments will be shown on your monthly statement from your bank.

Will I receive a bill from the City of Bryan each month?
Yes. The City of Bryan will continue to mail your utility bills to you as usual. However, in the message box on the bill, it will clearly state that your account has been set up to have payments made automatically.

If I don’t have a check or receipt, how can I prove I have paid my bill?
Your monthly bank statement will include information on the payments that you have made, including the name of the payee, the amount of the payment, and the date it was paid.

What if the amount of the payment is incorrect or I want to dispute my bill?
If you have questions or concerns about your bill or the amount due, please contact the City Clerk-Treasurer office at 419-633-6026.

What if I no longer want to pay my bill by automatic payment?
You must notify the Clerk-Treasurer office 30 days in advance in writing that you want to stop paying your bills automatically.